The APPD PEG meets annually at the Spring APPD meeting with a session that highlights some of the work by pediatric educators in global child health across the country.
Educational Efforts of APPD PGHE members include:
- Creating and maintaining a database of global health opportunities in US residency programs: The PGHE surveyed of all US pediatric residency programs to assess global health programming, describe the content of global health curriculum, the characteristics of global health electives, and the presence of a global health track. (See first publication of this data here)
- Collaborating on global health education workshops at national meetings.
- Aiding new global health programs by providing resources in program development and maintenance
- Developing and sharing innovate global health curriculum for use across the continuum
- Working closely with other pediatric global health educators, including members from the AAP Section on International Child Health, APA Global Health Special Interest Group, Consortium of Universities for Global Health, and Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine global health group.